Called through chef recipe, SQLPLUS unable to identify Oracle_Home environment variable in Windows 12R2

Hisat

I am running a chef recipe using chef client, which sets ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID environment variables and then executes oracle sql scripts to create a database instance.

Environment variables are set using a windows batch file (.bat)
Mã:
SET ORACLE_BASE=C:\<ora_base>
SET ORACLE_HOME=C:\<ora_base>product\12.2.0
Then the sql script file is executed in the same batch file.
Mã:
<Dir>\path\product\12.2.0\dbhome_1\bin\sqlplus /nolog @C:\files\myscript.sql
I used chef resource 'batch' with the above code as well, still the same error was thrown. Sqlplus is unable to see the oracle_home environment variable.
STDERR: Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus
SP2-0667: Message file sp1.msb not found
SP2-0750: You may need to set ORACLE_HOME to your Oracle software directory
Why does the oracle_home is not visible to the chef recipe execution ? Can some one please provide a solution to execute the sql scripts without getting this error.

Admin

Administrator
Thành viên BQT
Your ORACLE_HOME doesn't match the path you're launching SQL*Plus from. It's a little hard to be sure as you've different shortened versions, but you seem to have just left the dbhome_1 part off:
Mã:
SET ORACLE_BASE=C:\<ora_base>
SET ORACLE_HOME=C:\<ora_base>\product\12.2.0\dbhome_1
or possibly, if they are different:
Mã:
SET ORACLE_BASE=<Dir>\path
SET ORACLE_HOME=<Dir>\path\product\12.2.0\dbhome_1

OP
OP
H

Hisat

Thanks so much !!! That was the cause, I had added ORACLE_HOME=C:\<ora_base>\product\12.2.0 instead of ORACLE_HOME=C:\<ora_base>\product\12.2.0\dbhome_1 which is the correct path.

Từ khóa phổ biến

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.